Where do we meet then? As of January 2010, the club has moved from it's old venue of St Gabriel's Church Hall to the venue detailed below.
Come down and take a look and have a chat. The club location map is shown on the right of the screen.
CLUB MEETING DATES
The club meets from 2pm to 6pm every Sunday. Usually on the last Sunday of every month we have a slightly extended day where we meet from midday to 6pm. Check out the Club Calendar here which includes dates for some of the popular external gaming events and tournaments as well as the club meeting dates.
HOW TO GET TO THE VENUE
The closest London Underground Station is Leytonstone on the Central Line which is literally a 5 minute walk away from the club venue.
FACILITIES AT THE VENUE
The club has a huge amount of great terrain, boards to game on and printed gaming mats too. This collection has been built up over the years. We make an effort to look after the terrain at the club and reinvest in new terrain every year. The terrain can cater from any sort of gaming from naval to sci-fi, to victorian steam punk to world war 2.
In addition there is a licensed bar at the venue which serves alcohol, soft drinks and beverages at a subsidised cost.
COST TO JOIN THE CLUB
The club operates a policy of paying for the table that you play on. This fee goes towards the payment for the hire of the hall, club public liability insurance, scenery replenishment and table replenishment. Occasionally we even let you off paying any fees.
- Your first game at the club is ALWAYS free.
- If you don't play you DO NOT pay any table fees.
- It costs £25 to join the club (pro rata) for a year (thats £6.25 per quarter) for players aged 18 and over.
- It costs £10 to join the club (pro rata) for a year (thats £2.50 per quarter) for players under the age of 18.
- Table fees for 2016 are £4 for each player on club nights for club members only and £6 for each non club member. This is irrespective of the number of games you play on that day. Table fees are collected on a weekly basis at the club.
- The club does try to subsidise events/tournaments for club members. We do run and organise our own events and any entry fee to these will normally be subsidised for club members.
- The club committee are always looking at other membership benefits that can be introduced and made available to club members. This varies from movement widgets to club shirts and patches.
The club operates under a set of rules. The current version of the club rules can be downloaded from here.
PARKING AT THE VENUE
There is limited parking at the venue. However there is off street parking close to the venue. You will need to check the parking restrictions carefully though.